Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Gaslighting

OMG--this is my life!

"Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse. It uses persistent denials of fact which, as they build up over time, make the victim progressively anxious, confused, and unable to trust his or her own memory and perception.
A variation of gaslighting, used as a form of harassment, is to subtly alter aspects of a victim's environment, thereby upsetting his or her peace of mind, sense of security, etc., such as was used by the Manson Family during their "creepy crawler" burglaries during which nothing was stolen, but furniture in the house was rearranged."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Holy shit, that explains my anxiety attacks for the past two years! I feel so much better now. I don't know why I never saw this before, in all the stuff I have read. My God, my hubby is the Master Gaslighter! WOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have a name to the crazy-making shit you've endured? I know it was when I finally understood my H wasn't a moron and I wasn't nuts.